A structured training module for all supervisors of industrial coating operatives.
The Module covers the following subjects:
- COSHH and Risk assessments
- Material health & safety data sheets
- Method statements
- Coating types & systems
- Paint specifications
- ISO & other standards
- Paint failure
- Paint inspection including a practical element
- Supervisors' responsibilities
- For many years the role of a supervisor on industrial coating sites was not fully recognised.
- There are many issues specific to the industry a supervisor will have deal with.
- The ICATS Supervisor module was developed to help the supervisor improve safety, standards and communication on site.
- A qualified Supervisor is mandatory requirement for companies undertaking projects for Highways England.
- The module is a 2 day classroom based course which comprises of presentations, workshops, theoretical and practical assessments.
- Courses take place on a regular basis at our Northampton Training facility and other locations.
- Check 'News and Events' for the next available course.
When I have completed my training
You will be issued with a unique card to recognise your status as an ICATS Supervisor.
You will receive a certificate and hard back manual containing all of the module content for future reference.
Who can apply?
The course is available to any applicator who has two years’ experience following successfully completing the mandatory ICA ICATS module. Supervisors and Technical Managers who have more than two years’ experience in the industrial coating field will also be considered with supporting evidence from their employer, even if they have not completed the ICA course. Other candidates with at least five years’ verifiable experience in the coating industry will also be eligible.
How to apply?
Click on this link to download the application form
How much does the course cost?
Next Course Dates